History

Since the company was founded in 1836 until the enlargement of the European Union in 2004, C. Spaarmann was mainly active as a customs and cross-border transport company. Initiated in the mid-‘90s and successfully realised within one decade has become the greatest challenge in the history of the company. C. Spaarmann looks back at a successful development from a former family business which has been specialised in customs clearance between East and West to today’s medium-sized, international active forwarding and logistics company - with branches in Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia.

1995

The takeover of the forwarding agency branch of the former LEP group (today Agility) at Forst (Lusatia), Brandenburg, located directly at the Polish border, has laid the foundations for the establishment of a transport and forwarding business from and to Eastern Europe. In the following years further branches at home and abroad have been established.

1994

With the establishment of the European Union customs control of intra-European trade is dropped overnight. Under the effect of the political changes and the associated loss of customs clearances it was decided to establish new business fields.

1992

Foundation of the C. Spaarmann Transit GmbH as a 100% subsidary, establishment of customs offices at the German-czech frontier.

1990

After the reunification of Germany C. Spaarmann is one of the first customs forwarding agencies which starts establishing a complete network of customs offices along the German-Polish frontier.

1984

Mr. Müller's wife Anna E. Müller and their son Kurt-R. Müller take over the company.

1961

Klaus Müller becomes successor of his father Kurt Müller.

1936

100 years C. Spaarmann!

1926

Kurt Müller becomes sole owner of the company. The legal name of the company C. Spaarmann is kept.

1910

Kurt Müller becomes partner.

1872

Son Carl Spaarmann takes over the company.